Samsung Scholarship Eligibility
ELIGIBILITY: High school juniors who are a direct descendant, i.e. child,
grandchild, great-grandchild or a legally adopted child, of a U.S. veteran who served during a
period of war and is a delegate to either an American Legion Boys State or American Legion
Auxiliary Girls State program.
Completing a scholarship application can be a difficult task. Below are some tips to help you
complete your application.
1. Application must be typed or completed online at www.legion.org. Scroll over the Programs
headline at the top of the page, and in the drop-down box, click on Scholarships. The Samsung
American Legion Scholarship will be the 3rd scholarship from the top.
2. Do not attach any documents or additional pages to the application, except as required.
3. Review the entire application before completing it. If a field is left blank, it will count
against you. If you cannot answer a question, put a reason in the field.
4. Proofread your answers/essays in this application in addition to having at least one other
person proofread your application. Spelling errors or poor writing skills
will have a negative effect on your chances of receiving the scholarship. Incomplete/unprofessional
applications will be rejected.
5. Use a computer to prepare your final document. Applications will not be considered if they are
6. Each application is judged on its own merit so include any information that makes you
exceptional and a good candidate to receive the award.
7. Keep a copy of everything you submit!
8. Pay close attention to scholarship application deadlines as applications submitted past the
deadline will not be considered. Contact your American
Legion Boys State or American Legion Auxiliary Girls State Program to
determine its application deadline and procedure for submitting the application. Normally, the
application is submitted when you arrive at your respective